- 375 g wholegrain seeded bread flour
- half pack (3.5 g) fast action dried yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 45 g melted butter
- 300 g mixed type cheese (feta, gouda, cheddar)
- 225 ml lukewarm water
- 1 tbs sodium bicarbonate
- sesame seeds to sprinkle
- in a large mixing bowl mix together the flour, dried yeast, salt and sugar.
- stir in the melted butter.
- while your electric mixer with a dough hook is working, add the lukewarm water gradually - your dough should be soft, but not sticky. (5-6 minutes)
- let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- turn the dough out to a floured surface and divide into 18 equal pieces.
- put a cheese cube into every small roll and completely seal them.
- place water into a large saucepan and bring to boil over high heat.
- carefully add the tablespoon of baking soda.
- drop 4 rolls into the boiling water - cook about 20 seconds.
- remove with slotted spoon and place onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
- repeat it with the remaining rolls.
- brush each roll with beaten egg; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- bake until golden brown.
- cool 3 minutes, then serve warm - enjoy!